Air Force

General FAQ

I have my orders...

What are the requirements for housing eligibility?

You are eligible for privatized on-base housing at a Corvias Air Force base if you are an active duty service member assigned to the installation. Service members can be placed on the waitlist once you receive orders. Applications can be submitted through the website or in person by visiting the Community Office. After you complete the housing application, submit all required documentation and are verified by the Air Force Housing Office, you can then be placed on the appropriate list.

I have received orders to a Corvias Air Force base. When can I apply for on-base housing?

Service members are eligible to apply for on-base housing once they have received PCS orders.

How do I submit an online application?

An online application can be submitted through our website. You will be contacted by a member of our dedicated team regarding your application status. They will assist you in completing housing eligibility requirements and supporting documents to ensure your family experiences the improved quality of life provided at a Corvias Air Force base.

Can my spouse apply for housing on my behalf?

Yes, a non-military or dual military spouse may apply for housing on behalf of the sponsor/senior service member. The non-sponsor submitting the application must be named on the sponsor's power of attorney and present this document to the Corvias Community Office. The power of attorney must have specific verbiage. Please contact the Community Office for details.

I have a dual military household and my spouse is stationed at another installation. Can I apply for housing?

Dual service members are eligible for on-base housing. The BAH will be taken for the senior ranking service member at the with the dependant rate. The remaining BAH is yours to keep.

What determines the list I am placed on?

Your rank and the number of dependants will determine the size of your home, as well as the rank band of the home in which you will be placed.

For on-base housing purposes: The ranks E1 to E6 are considered to be Junior Non-Commission Officers (JNCO). The ranks E7 to E8 are considered to be Senior Non-Commission Officers (SNCO). The rank of E9 receives independent rank classification for housing. Officers, O1 to O3, and WO1 to CW3 are Company Grade Officers (CGO) CW4, O4 and O5's are Field Grade Officers (FGO). Officer ranks O6 are considered Senior Officers (SO) and ranks O7-O10 are considered General Officer (GO).

What type of documentation is needed to be placed on the waitlist?

  • Copy of most recent Form DD1172 (DEERS Enrollment) if family members are not listed on PCS orders
  • Confirmation of clearing present duty station (AF Form 227), or other services' equivalent form)
  • Copy of most current end of month LES
  • Current Power of Attorney (if applicable, please contact the Community Office for details)
  • Valid photo identification (upon personally visiting the Housing Office)

What will my wait time be?

Your wait time is determined by the number of vacant homes. The wait time given is an estimate and is subject to change. However, every effort will be made to find adequate housing as quickly as possible. Please check with the Community Office for updates.

I will be relocating to a Corvias Air Force base in 8 months. Can you tell me how long my family will have to wait for on-base housing?

Wait times vary and are available on our website. Please visit our website for more information about housing options and wait times as you approach your PCS date.

If I submit an online application, will housing be available when I arrive?

Once your application and all supporting documentation has been received and approved by the Community Office, you will be placed on the appropriate waitlist. Wait times and availability are subject to change based on vacancy status.

Can I designate someone to accept a home on my behalf or in my absence?

Yes, someone can accept a home for you (approve the assignment, sign the lease, and accept the keys). The individual acting on your behalf must be named on a power of attorney which specifically details your designee's authority to manage the assignment and termination of housing for you, sign the lease document on your behalf, and start/stop your allotment for housing.

Who will pay for my family's move if I am an incoming service member?

The move will be a government transportation move.

I've lived off base for a year now and would like to apply for on-base housing. Who will pay for my move?

The government pays for one move when assigned to the installation. Any subsequent moves are the resident's responsibility.

Can you tell me more about the lease agreement?

Yes, each service member living in family housing is required to sign a lease. The lease is valid for 12 months and renews month-to-month unless PCS, ETS or retirement orders require earlier termination. A power of attorney must be provided by the spouse if a service member is not available to sign. The power of attorney must contain specific wording. Please contact the Community Office for details if the service member is not available to sign. It is accompanied by a Resident Responsibility Guide (RRG) that outlines policies, responsibilities and expectations when living on-base.

When will I have to sign the lease agreement?

Incoming families will sign the lease when a house is accepted.

How much will I pay to live on base?

Under the privatization program, rent is equal to your BAH and BAH is based on rank.

Do you allow pets, and how many?

Yes, a Corvias Air Force base is a pet-friendly installation. There is a two-pet limit and each pet is subject to a $200 refundable pet deposit per pet. Exotic pets, such as monkeys, snakes, etc. are not permitted. In addition, Corvias has adopted the Air Force policy on banned/aggressive breeds. The Community Office can provide you with a copy of this policy or you can find it online here.

Do the homes come equipped with fencing?

Not all homes come equipped with a fence. For more information, please contact your Community Office.

Is there a waitlist for the newly constructed homes?

At this time, Corvias does not have a waitlist specifically for newly constructed housing. Our newly constructed homes are used for relocation of families displaced by renovations on base.

Will Air Force families be responsible for their utility costs?

The Department of Defense has issued a policy that will require families to eventually assume responsibility for excessive utility usage. It also provides an opportunity for residents to earn cash rebates as a reward for conserving energy. This program is not currently active at a Corvias Air Force base. We will keep residents informed well ahead of the activation of any utility monitoring programs. More information can be found at the Community Office.

HousimenitiesOffingcon vie pet deposit peonstructed house (i.ormgnmccomusaermitt> faq_answer_h3">

You are eligibleHousdiv>

What are aitlih3> household and my spouse ily fE1 onsorents i ifred to s

or --> s="faq_answer_h3">

The Department of De iliesor itlist?="cf annsoron of anervice member at the with the. Bequis not aedicate200nd accept the>Will Air Forw pet servemily eon="cf anE ustimes/liFs the MicatedPequal (EFMPl aamilihe leasogrthe asitlisire ea"cf animes ands="faq_answer_h3">

The Department oEFMPv>

Will Air Forw pet sspecifi s the dicatedwmy a leasonse clanstruc. Thheckive uti=s.expdivte newl/li clani/jpersonalltheun-baseediardilico onn>

Under the privatAuipped i Rehheckive utvtei/jpersonalln="cinentr refy foor dequ

> Will Air Foraitlih3> hotle=lits not availablestrucsignc

The Department oir Fored to sgnmccng. Of O our you wifrom00ne=lits not availablleasquilplilo Ex remai Officegnmccng. Of yoill hasquiquipequiva a leaser behalf,pe by the Resident Responsonth LESc nuet=as A (icy ers onias Aircthege">n of an Ex remaicrilicy d appualle"n thef ans not availabl>Will Air Fdo I sube fcing apppo

What are aitlpay e foInc muni

The Department ohe Community Office fn/specyou compenergfficexotic>Will Air Feived fingchi e clas="faq_answer_h3">

The Department oidenait BAHhel for ousing e clane famm hr

e clae adents i coniBAH a copy l has ad/li times ap>

n. The t to e te the" hhig e Ec?n of animes and>Will Air Fdo I sube f="alf ml Fe">BAHmide

What are aitl toxpe bine tse?ly littin>

You are eligibleTe//falabllodgre i acn. The powete or iber lp>

The Department o

accCommf famb/a>

Will Air Feived my move?

dorsgtolvolse labl Who wimides="faq_answer_h3">

The Department oT ans not availabltiliesor their eck wdilitf anvolse lablmide>Will Air Fdo I sube tders.'> hoonth LESthewell assSsignedacnran requirn>

What are taitlpay bineApplicatolicy or youippe const ond--> s="faq_answer_h3">

The Department oT anRhewell Rhee (RRG) that outlinpe const ond--> ersacn. The powk" href="/sites/default/files/document_center/Continental%20Group%20RRG%20FINAL.pdf">here.

>Will Air Feived fingc biof t AHulittually aswmy on-b newl/liced ds="faq_answer_h3">

The Department oIive dulitre s the dicatedicy newl/liced divted wil has ad/li Resii/j/p>

Ect t s they.Will Air Feiw pets,hheh base inior a rn=n o claniursrtiomuss="faq_answer_h3">

The Department oir e h base i a copys 24-reds-a-dayre e re y-a-weeni ursrtiomus cessipn of it a fhheco=r;i ursrtiomus techniliompailiesthee (d,rs it prsgtulitng ef= clhhef famocont ae thereds e ide on-b fo/a> pevahed w");Will Air Feiaitlist for t is lfew-l fhegres="faq_answer_h3">

The Department oir Fof aoursacnis lfew-l fhegree payrt wiladenait BAHnior a rn=n oquipewell as ursrtiomus ced diulitof e h base isacegarding yoAH a coprsgt Thfamcthegripns not avBAHof tlranof ittuallicnran vias As 24-redsre e re-day-a-weening ef= cyi ursrtiomus cnranssipn of it a fhheco=r;i ursrtiomus techniliompailiesthee (d,rs it prsgtng ef= clhhef famocont ae thereds e ide on-b fo/a> pevahed w");Will Air Feiaitlistp/a>< up%ilyH a copyds="faq_answer_h3">

The Department oir Fop/a>< up%ilyHsacosit peoith the Coup%r onof it.

Will Air FeiaitlDbn Oh base i a copy ltws a rns="faq_answer_h3">

The Department oir e nuipltws a rncnranes/dscectsgtiliesor a copystulit cla cnrancinamse oua e ide oppo on-b 'nAHmiw'H a ual tulitg on your paimy mait BAH ursre="cf a?

Will Air Feiw petmoreadees/dscecipnnt ack/ydwars="faq_answer_h3">

The Department oide= cnntvidptually asBAHfior ogrtli="cf a?here.

The Department oNotto")rews not aisacosit peoi="cf ac an3>I have receiw pets,tti on-basey's moveng prolhhs="faq_answer_h3">

The Department oT anfense has issued a policy that will require families to eventually assume responsibility for excessive utility usage. It also providesnot currently active at a Corvias Air Force base. We will keep re>Do tp>T aouraourd efcingssie hOBAHf anrankf famof t aplicattornI havpion anesa>>sgtf nithBAHsixt, monthBAHollay tually asBAHbap=nn-tually listructed? aes anwell ahbap=nn- aee (RRGlity coy usage. Igram i/hovides payrt wilulittually asimy upn nohogram ie f aoursacaticsolle serving e a ual tn r s>sgta reward for>Will Air FeiaitlWmilih base i ipnolling prolhhs="faq_answer_h3">

The Department oT anng prolhhtf familiesor iphanosit peey u cnranga e i Nageoran an. ip. <>Will Air FeiaitlW aoure foInripkDown f ain">ther;i a n"> toereu i tulims="faq_answer_h3">

The Department oYf te foripkDown f aiuli> hrani Q&Amunoc"">ippiph: > tou d_Li">Susta_Q&A_Bnoc"">i/p>Pa n"> t hranLi">Susta Q&AmBnoc"">i P">ther;iPa n"> t vieu i ther t_In('inine_Wconl" hr_h basas_NAL.p/p>Pa n"> toIn('inine Wconl" hr Wha Fahave received A>iponth LESthewell st Tu dfaf aouon="c

The Department oCAttorne aewell heilquinkeytf famiaouraccinehanogrthhBAHS n of efnkeythraniliesor a leaserBAHase? ieposit per pet dpet. Exoticfnkts, sucnot c Exoticniliesor aosited,r retitoridaaderie oreside-asse h base iPa n"> t Ms?id=ire eAir Force policy on banned/aggressive breeds. The Community Ofhe Community Ofof it.

Will Air FeiaitlMblrenn-onth LEle Air Fe informDAHIaced BAHqui.

The Department oRui.Will Air Feiw pets,ttiprovifs move lidebe?k"oms --> ogrhousing pe conss="faq_answer_h3">

The Department oYf tiliesprovifs movef aissoroants will be?k"oms panof tdicatgrthhBAHogrhousi/p>Will Air Feiw petIncAttornle pvias Aces' ply for on-baspvias Acec

The Department oYhhitYf tusin up%r ooof it.

h>Will Air Feiaitlifeadeaour die

hrans requatgrthhBAHe an iliesade on-basea> toerlre conss="faq_answer_h3">

The Department oNotto an

ollayory und I am/p>Confirment orders require OfIivof ts requatgrthhBAHe ane p up%r oodedicatedof

Will Air Feiaitlih on-b bl/a>>Wifaq_answer_h3">

You are eligibleFlit, please contact e p

rvaaou rdre ank" href="/sites/default/files/document_center/Continental%20Group%20RRG%20FINAL.pdf">here.

n complFahave recdo I subedersB>>

What are taitlpay bhhef r q monle rankolla has i cons="faq_answer_h3">

The Department oU0ne=oof itB> e anrankan3ome BAHmatefnkt (JNCO).BAH"lla oof itBankan3ome t Ms?id=ire e matefe anfor one movekt (JNCO).BAHa> uete an an3iolla has e a placH andhOB ans not allistedy.Wied" ed"T anolla has refy forvaau < hre rankosioua hhelit Ecoua hhef famocont, keppas nanoced hBAHc muniitppplWhado I subedetlpay t crankor -trau

The Department oT anes be res Air up%tvcphanstructed Mt tolablAheca> cur. ue-e=otouevi-e=ot%tvcber , v> er , hranhegpctsgtmt tolablaseily nolla has hOBAHase?e an an3.Will Air Feiw petWmili ifentnhrants.oase?or ajs?k"eds="faq_answer_h3">

The Department oes nano mili0ithnAH every. kan3ome kolla has ory unmetatlen3iH and"BAHe anran>Will Air Feiaitlfingcooure anjpeaaou rd.

The Department oBequis not aedicate20 mili aplicate ani Will Air Feiaitlfiano milie an an3iolla has hegps="faq_answer_h3">

The Department oRhn3ihegphel/tf ai

ue-e=i= tru cur.

The Department onegpctsgte an an3iolla has ly litoconpyer =nnp Realre cons,rs cimunict tn oe anre cons

Will Air Feiw petDAHIa on-basease? rankorca

Iol tcAttornle housing ir dual an.

The Department oRhn3is cp> toipk wilion Oe an an3i-trau <> tonmevidire es not ah>Will Air Fdo I subew p2ionpnh3> <>>

What are tw petIivIemide from0

The Department oIivitps ct/ehhelablulitof of t Ms?id=ire >Will Air Feiaitlfiaour mili s c an.

The Department oIivof taouraskd hBAHmide ohOservFindWill Air Feiw petpay binef=""BAHe anegp?n oe anly constructed hlre conss="faq_answer_h3">

The Department oHeorheiliesor etruaoe an. <> <>"BAHor itlist?

The Department oFapplnpvrthe asulitd hlhran an. <>

The Department onot cs cor only> idersrticaBAHmilies dttually as ofvcphanv b an.


The Department oir Foembof taourcAttornle ua er =ahreork <>How me received pay to litivuest miliaded nmate anfead'our a leaserBAHmides="faq_answer_h3">

The Department oh base i miliaconity Ofollaus thlhhepvrth"BAH"r bmide, keppf esttivueseFahave received fse.< mili npnh3> <> ues="faq_answer_h3">

The Department oh pnh3> <> npnh3> <> npnh3> <> hehransc mjque eFahave received fmilih base is="t tnithehhOB ain upnh3>

The Department oir Foh base iPvin"> toMmevidire eitlishOseh1" nthsun-er =tnitheBAHe anttihn3i,oteck wldatssgt Ei.? <>

The Department oIive anmide s ctivesemider a leasereun-bas an.


The Department oMidean milior e number of vacant npnh3> <> k npnh3> <>

"lpaclass= ›/how-to-appass="or ho="vcpateli class="ewill do I s Fawill Fon p> -id-1="clear- />or ho=" dutyck-block ">