- Message from the Business Director
- Grand opening of Mojave Sky Community Center!
- Before you get that new pet
- What exactly does surface clean mean?
- Renovations on Community Park
- $5,000 Educational Grant
- Green corner
- Want to know what is happening in your community
There is no doubt that spring is one of the most beautiful, and enjoyable times, of all seasons. During this time, the weather is neither too hot nor too cold and our family neighborhoods will fill with more Airmen, family members and pets taking advantage of the warmer weather
After being cooped up in the house all winter, it is finally time to fling open the windows, shoo away the cobwebs and take on your annual spring-cleaning. With that in mind, Corvias Military Living will begin our annual Preventative Maintenance program in March to identify any problems that could prevent you from having a cool summer. Residents will be notified of their scheduled Preventative Maintenance Assessment prior to the technician arriving.
To celebrate the beginning of spring, Corvias Military Living is preparing for our upcoming Movie Night. This event, along with all Corvias resident events, is free for you and your family. We hope to see you there!
Remember, we are working to provide you and your family the quality of life you deserve. Your participation and feedback is important to us. We look forward to 2016 and beyond as an opportunity to continue our mission of making Edwards AFB the best place to call home!
Edwards AFB residents and Corvias Military Living team members will celebrate a milestone on April 13th with the Grand Opening of Mojave Sky Community Center. The state-of-the-art facility will provide modern amenities for on-base housing Airman and families; to include a fitness room, multi-purpose room, media room and a resort style swimming pool. If you have the opportunity, take a moment to drive by Mojave Community Center located at 1365 Fitz Gerald Avenue to view the progress as we prepare for our Grand Opening.
Before you bring that new puppy or pet home there are some things each base resident should know.
All pets in military housing need to be registered with Corvias. Pet sitting is not permitted and once a pet is in Corvias housing, the resident assumes responsibility for the pet. Please ensure you have a signed pet addendum before the pet is brought home. Registering a pet is easy; all you need is the following information to fill out a Corvias Pet Addendum.
- Photo of pet
- Current Inoculation/Rabies Record
- Housebroken (yes/no)
A copy of the Pet Addendum can be found at the following link. In addition to reading and signing the Pet Addendum, each resident must also pay a refundable $200 pet deposit for each pet. According to the Pet Addendum, the resident remains liable for all damages caused by the pet in excess of $200. The resident is also responsible for any and all personal injuries or damages caused by their pet(s).
The pet policies are designed to keep you, your pet and your neighbors safe. If you have any questions, please contact us at 661-385-6060.
Surface clean condition implies that a home is left clean throughout. When a home is cleaned regularly, it should only require a wipe down and sweep or vacuum at move-out to deliver the appropriate condition. Your Resident Responsibility Guide provides detailed guidelines for surface clean condition. Here are a few to get you started:
- All personal items must be completely removed from the home, storage areas and garage.
- Any items requiring disposal must be disposed of in an appropriate, proper and approved manner.
- Any equipment or feature delivered as part of the home (including appliances, appliance parts, fixtures, hardware, etc.) is returned intact and in proper working order.
- Wall color is not altered or changed, unless previously approved by the Neighborhood Office.
- Carpeted surfaces are vacuumed and free of excess spots or stains.
- All windows are closed and locked with window covering left in the closed position.
- Garbage cans cleaned and placed in garage or storage area.
- All kitchen work surfaces are wiped down and free of excessive grease build-up.
- Refrigerator is wiped down inside and out, empty and free of mold/mildew.
- Range hood, stovetop, oven, drip pans and under burners are wiped down and free of burned-on food and excessive grease.
- Dishwasher exterior is clean.
- Floor is swept and clean.
- All bathroom surfaces are wiped down. All surfaces are free of soap scum, mold, mildew, and dirt build-up.
- Tub/shower is free of mold/mildew and soap scum buildup with the shower curtain removed.
- Toilet cleaned inside and out.
- Vanity, sink and tiled surfaces are wiped down and free of mold/mildew.
BEDROOM/LIVING ROOM/DINING ROOM
- Flooring surfaces are swept or vacuumed as appropriate to the surface.
- Floors should be free of debris.
Contact your community office if there are any questions.
Community Park on Fitz Gerald will be closed for renovations from March 15- August. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but look forward to providing the new features to our residents. Check back for progress updates and information about the re-opening of the park in future editions of Corvias Community News and on Edwards AFB On-Base Housing Facebook page.
Are you a military spouse with dreams of completing your college degree? Visit corviasfoundation.org for more information and to apply for a $5,000 Educational Grant.
80 to 90 percent of energy used to wash clothes is used to heat the water. To save energy, consider washing your clothes in cold water.
Your community calendar can help you stay up-to-date on trash, recycling, lawn care, resident events and community activities.
You can even sync your community calendar with a personal Google calendar by clicking on the +Google button on the bottom right-hand corner of the calendar.
Follow us on Facebook!
Important dates and events
- Mar.13- Daylight savings time. Spring ahead one hour!
- Mar.27- Happy Easter!