- Want to know what is happening in your community
- Upcoming Events
- Message from the Business Director
- Need money for college?
- Winter weather will be here soon
- Green corner
Your community calendar can help you stay up-to-date on trash, recycling, lawn care, resident events and community activities.
You can even sync your community calendar with a personal Google calendar by clicking on the +Google button on the bottom right-hand corner of the calendar.
Follow us on Facebook!
November 6th – Daylight Savings Time! Turn clocks back 1 hour!
November 11th – Veterans Day – All Corvias Offices Closed
November 24th – Thanksgiving Day – All Corvias Offices Closed
November 25th – Thanksgiving Break – Corvias Community Offices open 9am-1pm
Living in the Midwest during the fall season always seems to a beautiful time, feeling the temperatures change, seeing the colors changing on the swaying leaves and sweet warm scents of pumpkin and apple cider fill the air. November is a month of reflection, family time and holiday gatherings for which we should all be grateful. I first want to thank all of the families of the Service Members who so unselfishly support their spouse in their mission to protect this great nation. Secondly, I want to thank the members of all armed forces who have chosen to dedicate their lives to protecting not only their family, but the millions of human beings who proudly call themselves Americans.
During this time of year many travel and the Corvias team wishes all of you and yours safe holiday travels. During this time please know we are here to check on your homes while your away if you would like please just make sure to make a quick call to the office before you leave to make a formal request. For those of you who are staying at home for the holiday, we hope you enjoy your time with your family and friends and want you to know that we are here for you if you need us.
So during this season of reflection for all of our blessing, I will keep you all in my thoughts and wish for you and your family’s good health. We at Corvias Military Living wish you all a joyful holiday and will continue to care for all of the families living in our homes.
Need money for college? Applications for the 2017 Corvias Foundation scholarships for children and spouses of active-duty service members are available after November 1 at corviasfoundation.org.
Winter weather in Kansas can be unpredictable at times and we want residents to be informed and prepared for the upcoming winter months.
The time to prepare for winter weather is here. To protect your belongings this winter, following these simple steps:
- Disconnect hose from all outside water faucets now to help avoid frozen pipes.
- If you plan on leaving your home for an extended period of time, keep the heat on to prevent pipes from freezing. Leave your thermostat set between 60 and 65 degrees. We encourage you to consider registering your home for House Watch with your Community Office. When you register your home, the Community team will make a routine check of the property and can take appropriate actions as needed.
- Following a snow or ice storm, Corvias Military Living's contractor will clear or treat all streets, public sidewalks and parking lots in each community. A system is in place to clear main roads first to allow emergency vehicle access and then proceed to clear all residential streets.
We request your patience and help during the times roadways are being treated by limiting travel. Please park vehicles only in approved parking areas and avoid blocking sidewalks.
Residents are encouraged to keep their private porch, sidewalk and driveway free of snow and ice to avoid slips and falls. Complimentary traction control material will be available at your Community Office.
How can you save energy when cooking your Thanksgiving dinner? Don’t open the oven door while you’re cooking! Instead, turn on the oven light and check on your food through the oven window.